Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change currency and date settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodyinoz

IS-IT--Management
Jan 8, 2002
GB
Hi all,

I'm from the UK and therefore want my currencies and dates in UK format.
However, at present all currencies are coming out as UZ $ and all dates are also US format.

I have changed the Micrsoft Office Language settings to UK and my computers reginal settings are also UK... What else do I need to do to change Reporting Servcies to UK?!
I have also changed the International Settings within options to 'Same as Microsoft Office (Language Neutral)'.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Woody

For dates I've found that you have to set the properties of the text box as follows...

Select custom & enter format "dd/MM/yyyy"

I guess it is similar for currency. I found the best way to see what you will get is to test it in Excel:

Select format -> cells and format it the way you want to show your data. Select OK and then go back into format -> cells and select "custom". Copy and paste the format from the 'type' box. Paste the custom format to RS as for the date example above.

Can't guarantee it will always work, but it helps me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back