Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change check in Micros 3700 database

Status
Not open for further replies.

Microsuser

IS-IT--Management
Aug 10, 2012
GB
Hi all,

ich hope anyone can help.
I need to change a check in the Micros 3700 database.
I am able to login with Installer/Installer but cant change or delete any check, I am getting the message Permission denied: you dont have permission to delete from chk_dtl

Unfortunately I lost the DBA password.

Is there any chance to get rid of this check?

Thanks

What are you trying to change? The detail tables are locked down because messing with them throws data integrity out the window.

One of our Manager put some wrong data in it. Thats why I need to take this out, because this messes up all the reports.

Is there a way to change this?

Get that "wrong data" out the same way you put it in:
As a manager, sign in to the POS and run a series of compensating transactions. You'll have an audit trail, your weekly/quarterly/yearly will balance, and you can let the software work as intended.

I was just typing the same response as regilobo. The best way to do it is to ring in a void ticket that matches the original to get rid of the order and then ring it in correctly.

You can't change it retroactive to that business date so the adjustment will be on the day you perform it. Micros is like an accounting ledger in pen. You can't erase what was entered, corrections have to be entered as adjustments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back