Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change Call recording message "Play Advice on Call Recording" in Voicemail Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

homemade88

Technical User
Mar 18, 2013
BS
Hi guys,

I'm looking to change the default warning message that plays to let others know their call is being recorded. Where can I go to make that change? This is the only area I see that has the option to enable or disable it.

Call_Recording_VMPro_zh5ui2.png

Replace this file with what ever recording you would like.
aor_00.wav: "warning: your call is being recorded". Maybe. I just noticed according to the link it will vary by VM Mode.

Here is a link to the full list.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Thanks for the reply. Now I need to know where to look to find the WAV file, I'm not seeing that file in the file manager. Is there a different place I should be looking?

Manager is the programming interface for the phone system

All voicemail prompts are in the voicemail server in the wavs directory

Windows usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Avaya\IP Office\Voicemail Pro\VM\WAVS

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

I've found the aor_00.wav file as a linux root user in Putty, I don't know the commands required to replace/add a wave file though, I will continue to look it up myself, but please feel free to drop the exact commands here if you know them as I have to leave the client site soon and I was really hoping to have this done before the weekend. Thanks again to anyone assisting.

so you are on a Linux version. This is important information, good to include in the original post then nobody has to guess.

You have to probably adjust the properties for the wavs folder to be able to delete the file and put in a new one.

you can change the rights via
chmod Wavs 777

but you have to do that with root rights

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Or you could make a module in VMPro to change the aor_00.wav with a live recording you make through the handset

So I just ended up doing what Tommy mentioned and had someone record over the stock recording from a module.

I started to do the "chmod Wavs 777" and WinSCP stuff, but I wasn't able to easily find a replacement recording online and asked someone from the office to do the recording instead, they gave me a lot of resistance though, they REALLY didn't wanna have to do it, they often don't like how they sound played back lol, but I got them to since it was only going a be like 3 or 4 seconds long and it turned out great.

Thank again guys, big help as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back