Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change Button Mapping - Basic Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattdarnell

Programmer
Feb 8, 2003
US
Aloha,

We have a 500V2 chassis, basic edition with 3 lines and 4 digital phones.

Right now all the lines appear and ring on all the phones.

We would like to have line three only ring on ext 11. Can that be done though the web based programming? Is there a way to turn off the ringing at the phone?

Thanks for the help!

-Matt

1) Change the coverage destination to hunt group 2 for line 3 in update trunk configuration.

2) Add extension 11 to hunt group 2 (772) in hunt groups.

Apply.

I friggin' dream about Avaya.

Thanks,

I will give that a try.

Is there a way to only have that line appear on one phone?

-Matt

Coverage destinations seem to have no effect on where the trunks ring. No matter what I put in that field, all phones ring on all trunks.

I am using the web manager, I believe you have to use that with the basic version, clicking on system, then on Trunks. I click 'view details' for trunk 3. I select hunt group 3, that only ext 11 is a member of - I even tried to set the coverage destination to 11.

Is coverage destination after an RNA period, it does not seem to change where calls ring initially.

Any help would be appreciated!

Control Unit IP 500 V2
Internal Modules COMBO6210/ATM4
Version 8.0 (18) Edition Basic
Mode Key

Thanks,
Matt

It appears that the system will ring every key that has the line mapped AND the coverage destination.

I had the switch the system to PBX mode to get rid of the line appearances. Is there a way to change the button mapping, I can't see where to add/delete line keys.

-Matt

You can keep it in Key mode. Go to User Setup, Button Programming, select your extension. Right click on the button, and then Assign a Feature. Go to the Line Assignment tab, blank out the lines you don't want to assign, or pick the line you DO want to assign to that particular button. On that same tab you will find the Ringing Options, Immediate, Delayed, or No Ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back