Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change browse and retention to a save set on Networker 6 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesussc

MIS
Jul 30, 2003
US
Hi, on Networker 5 I use to change the borwse and retention to a complete save set (no SSID) using:
nsrim -c [client] -N [Save set name] -b [Browse policy name] -r [Retentio policy name]

now I'm using Networker 6 and guess what, this is what I get:
nsrim: -b [browse name] is obsolete and ignored
nsrim: -r [retention name] is obsolete and ignored

I'v been using some like this to solve the problem, but this way I have to do it for each SSID for that save set.
nsrmm -S [SSID] -w 07/26/03 -e 07/26/03

any idea on how to do that on version 6. Any new command?

Thanks.

On NW 5, there was no way to change the dates for a specific
save set.

On NW 6+ there is no way to change this globally for a client
unless you do it for each individual save set you want to modify.

That is exactly what I need to do, change the browse and retention time for each individual save set as you just said.
How do I do that?

nsrmm -S [SSID] -w 07/26/03 -e 07/26/03, replacing [SSID] wth each saveset's ssid.

thanks, but that way I have to do it for each SSID, as I said, I would like to applay this on all SSID that belongs to a save set.

thanks

If you use mminfo -r"ssid" -N filesystem/directory (e.g. C:\ or /usr) for each filesystem/device,
then you can take the output to a file, edit the file to place nsrmm -S before and the rest after and then execute that file.
Relatively easy on Unix, as you have sed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back