Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

change batteries with power on

Status
Not open for further replies.

techavaya

Technical User
Mar 15, 2007
US
I recently installed a Partner ACSR7.0 91k. A message displayed on stations 10,11 saying to replace the backup batteries wtih the power on.I got this message when I powered the system up. So I change the batteries with new ones twice. It is still telling me to change the batteries with power on. Is the processor defective? I also lose all programing if you unplug the sysem. HELP!!!!!

do yourself a favor and replace it with a REL 6

(yes it is defective )

As Skip suggested, replace the R7 with an R6 processor.

Even though your particular processor is at the most current release, there appears to be another problem bugging it.

The R7 was simply supposed to be a reworked R6 that, out of the box, would support more lines & stations. Avaya tinkered with the software and then released the R7 before hammering out all of the bugs.

What's worse, it is looking more & more like the R7 will be the final version of the Partner ACS as Avaya plans to end production of the line by 2010.

Not exactly a fitting send-off for one of the best small business telephone systems in the industry. [flush]

Sometimes the battery holder doesn't line up correctly and needs adjusting or corrosion inside as well. This is not a problem of only the R7 put the R6 as well. Alot of times they put the plastic slide on the holder backwords.

I can see corrosion being an issue with older processors, but the R7 is too new for corrosion to be a problem except for a leaky battery. [ponder]

This is a common problem when the battery leads are reversed. Check the polarities on the batteries and make sure they are right, if not switch them and that should fix your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back