Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

change administrative settings for access

Status
Not open for further replies.

officemanager2

Technical User
Oct 11, 2007
CA
I've been getting the error 8002801d and have found a potential solution on line. The problem is I cannot find where to change the settings. I've tried go through the properties when one right clicks the icon, but what I need to find is where the compatibility settings are?

If anyone knows or has an idea where to look please post. Thanks

Try right clicking on the item in the start menu not a shortcut on the desktop then properties.

Boyd Trimmell aka HiTechCoach
Microsoft Access MVP

Some options can only be reached and set when you have an access mdb open.

To change those options, you must open an Access mdb and then Tools > Options and make your changes.

This will stay in effect for all mdb's opened in the future.

Hope This Helps,
Hap

Access Developer [pc] Access based Accounting Solutions - with free source code
Access Consultants forum

HiTech: I initially tried going through the icon but could not find the interface I was looking for.

Hap007: I've looked there but still no luck.

For some reason the 'massemail' button, this button opens outlook and loads all the emails in the database into the specific line, will not work on this one computer in the office yet the same code on similar computers does work??

The only difference is on the computer where the massemail does not work the operating system is XP Pro. Both computers are using office 2003 so I'm quite stumped as to why the error is occurring. I'd read on a posting board, not this site, that the issue is the access program is set to administrator, and changing this setting allowed someone else with a similar problem to get their mass email version working. Unfortunately they did not say where they changed the setting, and there was no contact or way to reopen the thread to ask.

A final thing if either of you read this. The reference settings are different between the two computers in that the reference library for the computer that is working is using the following:

Microsoft Access 9.0 Object Library
Microsoft Office 9.0 Object Library

Where as the computer in which the mass email is NOT working is using the 11.0 versions. Both computers are a few years old and have upgraded from office 2000 to 2003.

The error occurs on this line

Set MyOutlook = Outlook.Application

Let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks

Hi OfficeManager,

From what you describe, you are missing a reference to the Outlook Library.

Go to the Code Window > Tools >References

Scroll down and select:
Microsoft Outlook 11.0 Object Library

Then Click OK

Click Debug > Compile

It should now work.

Hope This Helps,
Hap...

Access Developer [pc] Access based Accounting Solutions - with free source code
Access Consultants forum

Status
Not open for further replies.