Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change Admin password

Status
Not open for further replies.

snootalope

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2001
US
Finished our upgrade to CUCM 6 and read to change the admin password now that we're up and going.

Just want to make sure I got this right..

I changed the CLI admin password by using "set password admin" - that took right away.

To change the password for the admin account that manages the callmangers via the web admin, one would use the "set password security" followed by a reboot right?

Using "set password admin" changes the password for the Operating System Administrator (console or the OS Administration webpage).

The (Database Access) security password (changeable with "set password security") is NOT used for the administrator account used to access the /ccmadmin webpage, but to authenticate communication between servers (in case that there are subscribers ie Cluster). If you change this password (on each server), you have to reboot every server indeed!

Change the password of the Communications Manager Administration (/ccmadmin) can be done by the (End-)User management.

Regards,

Eric

hmm... I'm using the user ID I created during setup, in my case "admin" and I can't find that user in the End Users area..

I am sorry, your admin account should be in the Application User part. Please check again.

Regards,
Eric

I have in the past created a USER ID with access to Admin, Serviceability but use the Administrator log on for OS and DRS- can you also assign the same log on for all 4 parts or is the OS, DRS separate and if so can you add additional log on for OS & DRS

thanks

As far as I know it is not possible to use 1 account for all 4 "environments". The console/OS account is separate from the rest.
With the console you are able to create extra accounts, but not completly with the same rights (if I am not mistaken) as the original OS (= Master) Administrator account (two levels of privileges available; user or ).

PS. From security point-of-view you don't want to use 1 account for all. But easier to remember :)

Regards,
Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back