Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change AAM Sending Email Address

Status
Not open for further replies.

curtc85

Systems Engineer
Nov 1, 2019
US
Right now our Notify Me emails gets sent as mailboxuser@hostname.domain.companyname.com. I need to change it to mailboxuser@company.com to satisfy O365 requirements. The admin guides, like usual, aren't very clear how to accomplish this. Any tips?

Wouldn't that be the email address in the user's profile?

Your sending address I believe is set more globally in System Administration or something and it must be a valid email address on a domain that can be looked up. Like, add a mailbox in O365 for AAM@yourcompany.com otherwise it'll probably get rejected.

It works internally as it is configured today, my issue now, since we moved to O365, is sending externally. Previously, when on-prem, we could do this but now since we're O365 it has to match the domain otherwise O365 rejects it. We send Notify Me messages to our ServiceNow platform (hosted) in order to generate tickets for after hours Help Desk calls. I just need to change the @hostname.domain.companyname.com to @companyname.com so O365 lets it through.

From, I need to ditch the hostname and the domain and just have it be @company.com to meet O365 requirements.

Notify Me By Email ‘From:’ Address The email address that the Notify-Me By Email feature inserts into the From: field. If this field is blank, then Messaging inserts the email address of the user who receives the message triggering the notification.

That isn't a field I see under the Notify Me User Preferences, we're running AAM 7.1.

To my knowledge, like kyle555 said, there isn't a "per user" specification. This is a system wide thing configured under "Messaging" and "System Administration". You set one address for all of AAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back