Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change a Column name

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedew1

Programmer
Oct 26, 2005
DE
hello,

is this possible that I can change a column name ???
for example :

11.2005 12.2005 01.2099
3 1 4
4 2 6
5 3 8

the last column is the Sum of first column and second column and I'd like to change the name "01.2099" to "TOTAL"

bye,
sorry for my englis :)

Do you mean in a cross-tab?

Headings can be changed, but rather than guess, please take the time to post meaningful information, and include your software version.

-k

hello,
thx for a replay :)
Yes, it's the cross-tab and the version is CR10

bye,

hello,

what function Can I use to rename Column Name ?? I'm looking for , but I can't find :(

Do you know any sample for renaming the name of the column ??

bye

Try:

if {table.field} = "01.2099" then "Total" else {table.field}

...assuming this is a string field.

-LB

hello,
I'm traying to use this forumla, but I have an error
" "monday 2099-01-01" - A Data-time is required here "
if {Command.Data} = "monday 2099-01-01" then "Total" else {Command.Data}

what may be wrong ???

bye

If {Command.Data} is a datetime field, then use a formula like:

if {Command.Data} = datetime(2099,01,01,0,0,0) then "Total" else totext({Command.Data},"MM.yyyy")

However, if this results in incorrect sorting, then use {command.data} as your crosstab column, and while you have it highlighted within the crosstab expert, go to "group options"->customize group name->use formula as group name->x+2 and enter the formula there. This will allow the correct sort.

-LB

hello:)
i have a quastion , which new forumla I must creato to insert this example ??? I'm doing
I'm runing the Formula Workshop and :
FormatingFormula->Report Headre->CrossTab1->New Formating Formula , but there are only background , font name, font color etc.

Sorry for so hopeless questions , but i have no experience with CR :(

bye

You need to go into the crosstab expert. You can right click on the upper left (empty) corner of the crosstab->crosstab expert->highlight your column field (use your datetime field as it is)->group options (right below the column field) in CR XI->options tab->customize group name->use a formula as a groupname->x+2 and enter it there.

-LB

sorry that it takes so long but
@lbass thanks - you are genius :)
It works fine - my column name is TOTAL :)
big thanks

bye,
sorry for me english

hello:)
I have another question yet.
This formula returns me "Toatal" for the last Column 0 It's OK. But rest of the columns have heading "01.2000" ,"02.2000" ..... . Only months and years.
I'd like that formula returned me "monday 10.01.2000" , "friday 20.02.2000" ...... - ALL PARTS OF DATE - day's name day.month.year
Is this Possible ??

bye

Try:

if {Command.Data} = datetime(2099,01,01,0,0,0) then "Total" else totext({Command.Data},"dddd dd.MM.yyyy")

-LB

@lbass
you are great!!!.
Big Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back