Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

change 2616 to 3904

Status
Not open for further replies.

are34

Technical User
Mar 29, 2005
US
could some please tell me what load and proceedure to
change a 2616 phone to a 3904 phone?
.....thanx

You would go to LD 11 out the 2616 then rebuild as a 3904. I would print the 2616 first before I outed. In load 20 you should be able to print/out/add in the later releases some loads are interchangeable.

unplug the 2616 set before you configure the 3905. we have had issues with shelves reloading.

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

thanx for the quick response.

after you do that ld 32 fwvu x x x x on that tn, that's cleans up that set with firmware that matches your switch. if the firmware is off, you may get soft keys that are mis-labeled.. quick way to learn a new set is to put the 1st one in default... just add a scr to key 0... you can look at that and at least kwow the default prompts.. 90 percent of them are good... compare that to a 2616, the cls marks that end in a and tdd are key... ncos tgar fdn hunt lpk and lhk are things to note in the set your outting...ALMOST everything else is default

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back