Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

chane time for hipath 4000 v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramadan99

Technical User
Feb 27, 2015
EG
please can anyone help me . I change time for hipath 4000 v6 from Linux . but station not updated .and when I display time (dis-date).display the old time before modifying

You need an NTP server in your network.
Go on the network with a laptop, ensure that the NTP server is working.

I change it manually. hipath in my company has only expression server I don't have NTP server.so I change it manually
note: it was work before .I made it several time before .but this time station not update

If you have Xpressions you can setup an NTP server on it for the HiPath.
I presume you have a Router or an IP switch - setup an NTP server on those.
You can change the time in the Assistant

sbcsu
thanks very much
appreciate your reply

There is some information I hope it can help you:
To update the phone display immediately do:
<reg-date; => and send the command result to the system ( in older versions, need to do twice).
e.g.: CHANGE-DATE:WEST,360,DST,60;

Note: CHANGE-DATE should not be used during high traffic because it forces (beside other things) immediately time-update of all phone-devices. Several individual messages per device will be generated in the BP and transferred all the way down to the devices. In large PBXs this will produce a lot of traffic and big load in the BP and in the LTUs. It will take several minutes to process all devices and may interfere with other CP-activities. (Calls may be delayed ...). If still the same, restart SLMO cards...

On V6 and above - any Hipath using Linux - needs to see an NTP server.
That NTP source can be anywhere reachable on your network.
The Assistant then sets the HiPath time.
Previously you did CHANGE-DATE on the Comwin itself.

kevinjing , sbcsu
many thanks for both of you
today I make reg-date and all stations update immediately .but with time shift 2hours so put offset = 0 (it was 120).now everything is ok. but I think it's better to add NTP on Xpresssion system for easy modify and accurate time.
thanks a lot

[bigsmile]

e.g.: CHANGE-DATE:WEST,360,DST,60; /* West from Greenwich-UK=> for US-Central Time =CST= - 6 Hours = 360 Minutes;
DST=Daylight Savings Time = 360 - 60 = 300 = -5 Hours on ADP from GMT (Greenwich Meridian Time)

<DIS-DATE; +-----------------------------+ | THURSDAY | | DATE: TIME : | | 2013-09-19 10:06:39 | | | | NUMBER OF DAY : 262 | | DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME | | GMTDIR: WEST TIMEOFFS:360 | | DSTOFFS:60 | | REL. DIFF. TO GMT : -300 | +-----------------------------+

I recently noticed that when I change the time, it takes 6-8 hours for the devices to update, or you can force it by disconnecting and reconnecting the device.

--TIger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back