Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CGI prog in VC6 how to activate the debugger

Status
Not open for further replies.

turnbui

Programmer
Jul 23, 2005
GB
Hello folks,
I'm writing some VC6 CGI progs and would love to be able to activate the debugger for some probs I'm having. Is there a preferred way of doing this does anyone know? Or do I have to use printf variables as now?
I've tried putting in a 20 sec delay at the start and then using the "attach to process"/windows task manager-debug but these don't work!!
Thanks,
Ian t

You need to attach to the apache application. Make sure you have sp5 applied, there should be a "show all processes" check box or something similar to allow you to see processes owned by other users.

Do the attach, then set your breakpoint.

Are the cgi's dlls or exes. With dlls when you start the debug session you can specify "Load additional dlls" so you can set the breakpoints before the web server calls it.

You can also insert a DebugBreak() call in your code.

Thanks. Unfortunately I'm on XP Home and when I start VC^ and choose Attach to process nothing shows up like it did when I was on WinME. So I've put a huge loop that does nothing but give ne time to select the process from the Task Manager. Quick & dirty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back