Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cgi or php to retrieve data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I've had a hard time figuring cgi and php out...bought a book and still don't understand. All I want to do is create a page, in photoshop/fireworks with wonderful graphics and buttons. Now in that page is a list of clients that this guy wants..he wants to update it himself but knows even less about web design. I thought there would be a way to have php or cgi grab a .txt file and display that information in the web page in table or somewhere. Is this possible? And how the heck to do it. All the person who wants to update it should have to do is change the .txt file and the page would read that file and put up the info....this way he doesn't have to mess with the all the other factors.

For instance, print your HTML, then where you want the .txt file to be, type:

<!--#include virtual=&quot;myfile.txt&quot; -->

Assuming that the file is named 'myfile.txt' and is in the same directory. - Ben Russell
- President of Intracor Technologies (

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back