Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CGI Novice - Help on Email Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveAudus

Technical User
Oct 4, 2001
GB
Is it possible and does anyone know of a cgi script that does this...

A customer would like an email subscriber form that instead of just sending him an email, complies a list subscribes details in a csv or txt file on our web server, probably in our cgi_bin, so he can download it at his leisure.

Thank for any suggestions?

Hi,

You could try the Mailing List Manager from or a similar script from or the script at
There are lots of free ones around but the vast majority make it really easy for spam harvesters to grab your email address so I'd recommend that you be very careful before opting for something that shows the recipient as a hidden field. There are lots of scripts around that use php too, but you asked for cgi.

I have used a script from mitridat (formprocessorpro) but it is extraordinarily temperamental and buggy. The latest version might be better, but my experience was not happy and support was non-existent.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back