Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CFX_Graphics VErsus PopChart??

Status
Not open for further replies.

pliles

IS-IT--Management
Apr 13, 2001
US
Need industrial duty graphics server? CFX_Graphics or Popchart? Anyone with comments, suggestions, experience?

Thanks,

Paul

Paul...

I have been test driving popchart for a month or so and it's really a great graphics server. It's easy to use and well supported.

The Flash generated graphics are really cool and the possibility to do drill down on specific area of a graph was a great feature for us.

You can try it for free, so try it and if you can afford it buy it... From what I seen of it, it's great.

Can't help you with CFX_graphics, I've never used it.

I still have a contact name at Corda (Popchart makers) so if you need it I could send it to you.

Good luck,
Chris

Thanks...

Does this require an ADD-IN to see the graphics? Does it produce real-time GIF's... images we could cut/paste into PowerPoint or other systems?

Appreciate your inputs.

Paul

Paul!

It required no special addon to see the graphics if you select to have them in .gif. For the flash graphics (which is the best) you need the Macromedia flash player for your browser. Most browsers already have a built-in flash player.

From CF or ASP, you can create real-time .GIF and output them really easily. Since it creates real images you can for sure save these images on your HD and import them in PowerPoint without any problem.

You can go on the PopChart website: and see by yourself all its features...

PopChart is used on many great website like fox.com... It's made for industrial use and it can support heavy load...

I really liked my test drive of it and the support I had from their team...

If you have any other question, dont hesitate to ask...

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back