Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CFWD issues over SIP trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBXT3CH

Technical User
Sep 5, 2006
US
my director is having trouble with his CFWD. here is the scenario-

Campus A has an IP phone with 7602 (MARP) and 7483 as key 3 also a digital set with 7483 (MARP). his published number for Campus A is 7483

Campus B has digital set with ext 4221, his published number for Campus B is 4221

When my director is on Campus A he forwards his 4221 calls to 7602.

Here is the issue- when calling 4221 from Campus A, the call routes over our SIP trunks and rings, after the first ring, I have another caller from Campus A call 4221 (over SIP trunks). the second caller receives a "Release and Try Again" message instead of rolling over to voicemail, or secondary line of the forwarded number. When we had analog TIE trunks they worked fine.

Let me know if I need to clarify.

Thanks in advance,
-pt.

PRT the 7602 from the 4221 swithch and see how it routes out due to the numbering plan...sounds like the RDB for the new SIP trunks is different from the old one. Check ACOD and see.

SIP trunk is still not recommended before rls 5.
That kind of issue will not be solved by Nortel. They would prefer you to change to H323.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back