Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CFW using ADL 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altayan

Technical User
Mar 14, 2008
US
Good Morning All,

We use an on-call number in our office that we forward to a designated user at close of business each day. What I want to do is setup the phone to have all of our numbers programmed in so that whoever forwards the phone need only punch Forward then hit the appropriate name to get the right number. I tried just using ADL keys, but that doesn't seem to do anything. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Don't see that it's possible,

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

I was kinda thinking that might be the case. I wanted to just set this up as a Callpilot App, but since I'm the only telecom guy for the company they don't want something that the IT guys can't do easily from the phoneset.

I have a suggestion that isn't any different than what you are already doing but similar to speed dial functionality, shortening the dialing process. What if you created 2 or 3 digit DNs as ACD DNs NCFW to the on call folks' numbers? If your dialing plan wasn't too big and you performed an LUDN to identify several available 2 digit numbers (preferrably in a range) then you could forward the phone to the appropriate 2 digit number of the person on call rather than forwarding to their 7 or 10 digit number.

For instance let's say you found DNs 61, 62, and 63 were available in your switch and aren't DID numbers. On call person A is 222-3333, person B is 444-5555, and person C is 555-6666. In Ld 23, create ACD DNs of 61, 62, and 63 and NCFW them to 222-3333, 444-5555, and 555-6666 respectively. When person A is on call, simply forward the phone to 61. It's not as fast as an ADL button but it is quicker than dialing the whole number.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Good Idea, it's easier for somebody to remember a two digit number than a ten digit. Also means we don't have to post our numbers on the wall by the phone where everyone can see them. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back