Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CFU - Hipath 4000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick0001

IS-IT--Management
Oct 6, 2017
US
I want to forward a local extension to an 800 number. I have the COS set as FWDEXT. I can dial my fake extension 1000 and it will call the 800 number successfully. If I dial from an outside location with the full number 555-1000 it rings busy or disconnected. What feature am I missing on this phantom number?

Thanks,
Nick

There are like 3 things you need to have in your COS for forwarding - I forget what they are, but you have the FWDEXT, and another might be FWDNWK and I think the other one is FWDECA. You may also need TTT for external calls because they come in one trunk and have to go out another one, so that is where Trunk To Trunk comes from.

Don Bruechert, Voice Comm Analyst II
CareTech Solutions @ Holy Family Memorial
Manitowoc, WI, USA

Interesting enough if I send it to my cell phone 1-615-465-xxxx I am successful. If I attempt to send it to 1-844-xxx-xxxx it fails.

Is there a special LCR COS in your company for dialing 800 numbers?

Manitowoc, WI, USA

I am under COS in the Assistant

The following are listed:
9 Digital Hot
10 Digital
11 Analog
10 Digital w/group call
13 modem fax
14 analog hot
17 analog w/didblk
20 fwdext <----- this is the current setting for the phantom extension
21 Broadcast for an extension
23 ACD Agent
24 ACD Supervisor
25 Attendants
30 Trunks
90 Xpressions

LCRCOS
1 LCR Attendant
3 Network
5 Local, Toll Free
7 State
15 USA, Canada
15 USA 900
25 International

I am going to make the assumption that each increment in the LCRCOS has all the the previous permissions below and is adding additional accesss?

Thanks,
Nick

Yeah, looking at how they are tiered I would say that is a safe assumption, execpt I'm in a hospital environment and the Attendant is "god". If you want an international call the attendant dials it and connects you to it, except for some higher execs that might have a specific need or certain fax machines that may have to send records from patients visiting from other countries. We block 900 calls completely, and there was one 8xx exchange I blocked because it was some kind of fraud thing, but I don't remember which one.

Manitowoc, WI, USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back