Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cfpop error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarky78

Programmer
Oct 19, 2000
GB
Hi all

We are trying to implement the usual email subscriber function. What we want to do is to have any emails that 'bounce' sent to an address. I know there is the failto attribute in cfmail, but the previous developer decided not to use that.

what we have at the moment is:

<cfmail from=&quot;bounced@mydomain.com&quot;
subject=&quot;#ATTRIBUTES.subject#&quot;
to=&quot;#maillist.Email#&quot;>
<cfmailparam name = &quot;Reply-To&quot; value = &quot;#Attributes.sender#&quot;>

So all emails that are bounced are sent to the bounced@mydomain.com. this seems to be working fine as well. The problem is when we try to access this pop account with CF. It sits there for over five minutes trying to connect and then says &quot;Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password&quot; this is incorrect as we can connect to the pop account via outlook, using the same details!

Any one got any ideas on how to resolve this error?

Any one done anything like this before? I don't particually like this approach, something just doesn't seem to sit right with me, seems a little long winded!

TIA.

Tony

There is a custom tag... that overcomes some limitations with the <cfpop> tag

Its called <CFX_POP3>

That is the url, you can do a google search or whatever and find it..

May solve your problems... I think its much better.

Also, have you checked your mail server settings in CF Admin?

Is there a firewall of any sort that might block port 110?

Best regards,

WestSide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back