Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CFPARAM Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

kafka

Programmer
Oct 17, 2000
US
I have a checkbox input value.
<CFFORM ACTION =&quot;individual_minicab_registration_processing.cfm&quot; METHOD=&quot;POST&quot;>

<td><input type=&quot;checkbox&quot; name=&quot;creditcard&quot; value=&quot;yes&quot; CHECKED></td>

The value is set to checked, however if i uncheck the value, when the form processes I get an error &quot;The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier of (CFINSERT), occupying document position (7:1) to (11:57)&quot;

On my action page I have a CFPARAM (<CFPARAM NAME=&quot;creditcard&quot; default=&quot;No&quot;>) which i thought would set the value to No if the checkbox was unchecked.

I know what is happening in that the database does not recognize the value if the box is unchecked. I want the databaes to recognize the value as False whe nthe box is unchecked.

You should have:
<CFPARAM NAME=&quot;Form.creditcard&quot; default=&quot;No&quot;>

Hope this helps
lachlan@cynaptic.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back