Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CFOBJECT Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbiepg

Programmer
Nov 6, 2002
IN
I am completely new to cold fussion and I have a question.

I was asked to check if the CFOBJECT tag can be used to call a component. The component must call something written in Cold Fusion ,like a custom tag.

Well... the short answer is "yes".

The long answer is "it depends a great deal on how the component is written, and in what".

CFOBJECT can certainly call components (especially if you're running MX... CFOBJECT has been greatly enhanced). Under MX, CFOBJECT can call COM, CORBA, Java, Web-service and ColdFusion Components (CFCs).

What type of component were you interested in invoking?
If you're talking about a COM object, for instance, with a little work, you could probably then get that object to call a ColdFusion template. Though, if that's really the goal, you'd be much better off writing the component in ColdFusion as well and offer it as a CFC.

-Carl

Hi csteinhilber

There was some confusion here, it seems we can use simple custom tags. Thanks for trying to answer a strange question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back