Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CFNA across network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 3, 2001
US
I have 10 Opt11c's connected to a central site with an Avaya G3. The Opt11c's depend on the central site for Octel voice mail and intra-office dialing.

I am trying to setup a local CO Trunk at one of the Opt11 sites to ATDN to a local extension which uses an FDN or Hunt entry to rout the call CDP across the network TIE line to the central site where it will be forwarded to voicemail. The CO Trunk rings to the local extension when called. The local extension will forward after 3 rings across the network to the central voice mail when dialed direct, but when I dial the CO Trunk, it stops at the local extension and won't forward on to the network.

I've allowed trunk forwarding across the network in the CDB and set the trunk group as EXT in ld 16. The station CLS allows forwarding. What am I missing????

thanks in advance

Do you need CLS = CFXA? on the local extn.
Do you use Rarts / Tbars in LD 56, Which may stop a call being passed from a COT onto a CDP Network.
You might be blocked from allowing calls to be passed from one trunk group to another.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

thanks for the response, Scrambler.

I have things working. It's a simple case of "self-taught phone guy" needing to dig in and not dance around the obvious. The NCOS in my ARS routing was too low to allow access to the TIE trunks. I assumed the NCOS in the TRK coding would apply and didn't look further.

The forest was in my direct line of site, but there were some trees in the way...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back