Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CFMX as a service in windows 2000 (Apache 2.0.49)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesauceuk

Programmer
Jan 1, 2001
GB
Hello everyone,

I've had a really bad week! I lost my c: drive - not literally, but it decieded to die - and I had to format it :-(

Now before the crash - all was fine. I have CFMX, MySQL and Apache (20.0.49)... running really great together - although it took ages... and these three are on my F: drive which is another larger hard drive..

Now.. I've managed to reserect the mysql and apache - both running a services, that start automatically.

Now - my CF... None of the three services are running...

I can however start the server by using the bin/cfstart.bat file - but I'd like to get them to run in the new install of win 2k... as a service and automatically...

I really want to avoid - having to reinstall cf - as it took me ages to get apache and cf to 'like' each other, as it's well documented that Apache 2.0 and CFMX don't like any non "c:" drive setups!

Can anyone help?

I am really stuck... and I don't want to do "pop the bat file in the startup folder"

Cheers

Mark

Did you check the startup status of the CFMX services in the Services panel?

Start | Programs | Administrative Tools | Services

Right click each service and select properties to make sure the startup type for each is set to "Automatic".

If the services won't start you'll need to look in the event log to get more specific information as to why they didn't.

-Tek

This is my point - they are not in "services" at all! As the c: drive has a new copy of windows on it!

None of the three services than run cf are in there at all!

Is there any way I can make them a service? Using NET START?

Mark

If the services aren't even in there then you have to reinstall CFMX. I have no idea why they aren't in there. NET START will only start EXISTING services, it won't add services. You could technically create the services but since something didn't get configured correctly I'd just reinstall.

-Tek

Thanks,

But I don't want to reinstall - as it took me ages to get apache 2 to work with cf!

I keep looking for a solution

Hi mate,

Backup your CF directories and then reinstall CF. (I know you don't want to reinstall, but keep reading. [smile])

Once CF is installed, stop all the services and then copy your old CF directory and overwrite the new one.

Your services should now start and everything is configured as it was to start with.

Hope this helps

Wullie

Fresh Look - Coldfusion Hosting

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails. - John Maxwell

Thanks -

I was just about to post - that's what I did and it worked - and didn't screw up the config files.

Yippie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back