Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CFMail Not Sending

Status
Not open for further replies.

geokor

Programmer
Aug 16, 2000
US
I am running the 4.5.1 update on a Win 2000 system. I also have seen and implemented all the help tips from Allaire Article 11335 (Mail Is Not Being Sent From the ColdFusion Server)- didn't help.
I am trying to use CFMail to automatically send an email when CFERROR is called and find it only works about 1 out of 3 or 4 times. In other words, when I use it, the email usually doesn't show up on the receving mailbox. Has anyone else run into this problem and (hopefully) solved it? Thanks.

George Korzeniowski [sig][/sig]

Have you looked at the Mail log under the administrator?

Take a look and see what it says.... write back.

I take it you have your SMTP service set up correctly? [sig][/sig]

This is embarassing... but honesty being the best policy. It was my mistake. I had CFMAIL being called from within CFERROR with a REQUEST type where cftags won't work. Once I realized it and moved it to a seperate page it works fine. Thanks for the help though.
GK [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back