Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CFGRID frags in Win98 client browsers

Status
Not open for further replies.

brennke

Programmer
May 2, 2000
US
Hello all,<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;I have eliminated all possibilities and have it<br>down to this, I am trying a CFGRID template for the<br>1st time, and it's only while trying to browse the<br>beast in a Win98-SE client that I get a blank grey<br>box & at the bottom of browser, the &quot;can't find<br>the cfgridform applet etc&quot; error msg. No go with IE 5.0<br>or NS 4.6 It's not the browser version, as I'm OK with<br>IE-5.0 in NT-4.0 I have enabled all JAVA bits in the browser,<br>even downloaded & installed MS JM ver 5.0, blown out any security settings in the Browser, added &quot;enable cab&quot;<br>to my cfform tag, etc ..<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;All points to the bloody OS (win98).. <br>Has anyone else been down this rosy path ?

Replying to myself to save other people the trouble,<br><br>it looks more & moe like CFGRID is too badly engineered to<br>be seriously usable, & I will probaly be better off <br>continuing to build my own code to setup user admin of databases.<br>I'm just very stubborn & hate to see an issue be declared<br>unsolvable, but to be realistic, it's not worth my<br>time to bug-hunt a booby-trapped Java applet..<br><br>ciao-&nbsp;&nbsp;y'all<br>

Hey, I finally saw the grid. Do this, (you have no idea how many thing I've done) :

BE SURE OF HAVING THE CFIDE DECLARED AS A VIRTUAL DIRECTORY ON THE SITE THE CFM IS. FOR EXAMPLE: IN YOUR SITE YO HAVE THEN THE CFIDE FOLDER (LOCATED AS A FOLDER MAYBE BELOW C:\INTEPUB\ OR ANYWHERE ELSE) MUST BE A VIRTUAL DIRECTORY OF ( USING THE INTERNET INFORMATION SERVER OF YOUR SERVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back