Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cfgmgr Parallel mode -vs- cfgmgr Serial mode???

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankieAIX

Technical User
Apr 28, 2004
US
Can someone please explain the differences between running Cfgmgr in Serial mode and Cfgmgr in Parallel mode...

cfgmgr -v <-----Parallel Mode

cfgmgr -Sv <-----Serial Mode

Thanks!

There is no -S flag for cfgmgr. There is a -s, which runs phase 2 configuration rules.

I meant "-s" ...... "-S" was a typo.. I know that it runs the phase 2 configuration rules, so my question is if you have a running system why would you want to run cfgmgr in Serial mode opposed to Parallel mode? What would the difference be?

This is run in order to make the cfgmgr run serial over the childern, it help keep scsi id order on devices added. Normally used when you want to keep the same device id's assigned to the same ODM devices.
Case example, I want to configure all the fiber drives on one adapter first, cfgmgr -S fcs0
this will keep the same order of ODM devices as last time cfgmgr -S fcs0 was run if the phyisical connections are still the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back