Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CFFTP question 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

EVM

Programmer
Apr 27, 2001
HK
Hi!
I use CFFTP to maintain a file sever through a web server. However, I found that I cannot delete a directory by using CFFTP. How can I do delete directory operation remotely? Thanks!

Hi EVM

Most likely there is a permissions issue with the access given to Cold fusion.

Are you on a Linux box? NT? If the account Cold fusion runs under does not have FTP and root level permissions, altering the directory structure of the file system is impossible.

Checkout this post : thread232-68014

let me know if i helped by becoming a member

Thanks!!! Strantheman

Your post is very useful for me!!

My FTP is on Windows2000 Advanced. I am using the account having full control for the FTP. But I still cannot delete the directory by using <CFFTP action=”remove”…
Error code: 2
Error text: Access is denied
Can you tell me in more detail? Thanks!

Is this the only command that is failing you? I understand what you're trying to do via a web based tool, but it may be more trouble than it is worth.

Im sorry I cannot offer any more specific solutions, but if you're able to determine that it is only the &quot;remove&quot; action when acting on an &quot;item&quot; that happens to be a directory that is causing problems, then you might check that the directory is empty before attempting to delete it. Other than that I can't help you, good luck, and I hope that access to delete a directory isnt crucial to the success of the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back