Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CFFILE copy

Status
Not open for further replies.

gm456

Programmer
Aug 4, 2000
GB
I am trying to use CFFILE to copy an image file from a central file store on the network to the web server, so it can then be sent to the browser requesting it.<br><br>All I get, however, is<br><br>&nbsp;Unable to copy file 'i:\testdoc.txt' to path 'd:\webroot\users\VIEW_A60D2C.jpg'. Error: Access is denied. (error 5).<br><br>Currently, both machines are running on NT however the webserver itself is moving to Linux in the coming weeks.<br><br>I see in the docs that CFFILE works on files local to the web server. Does this mean physically located, or can it access files on other resources?<br><br>Help!!!!<br><br>Garry

err... i too have encountered similar errors while using the &lt;CFFILE ACTION=&quot;UPLOAD&quot;&gt;. Til now i still dunno why..<br>But i guess it got to do with the server path??<br>Perhaps CFFILE can only be used in local machine?(which shouldn't be the case..)<br>It was once suggested to me as to map the server path or kinda thingy... But i wasn't too sure either :)

The only problem I had with UPLOAD is when the desination file already existed and was read only.<br><br>I've tried mapping the server to a driver letter, and using the standard \\servername\pathetc - neither work :-(<br>

I would not be surprised if CFFILE supports only local hard drives.&nbsp;&nbsp;I know this is true for the FileExists() function.&nbsp;&nbsp;This restriction is present in the CF Server Professional, and does not exist in CFServer Enterprise Edition.

I've used CFILE (CF 4.0 Pro) to write to the Network from my local machine (w98 to a Netware 4.2 server). Permissions and security had to be set in both the CF Administrator and on the remote server... We're also using the upload wizard to send files to Apache running on NT. File and print sharing/services are set up on the local machines.<br><br>Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back