Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CFFILE application/octet-stream

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter11

Instructor
Mar 16, 2001
US
I get the following error message when I try to load a Word document that is currently open on my computer. Is there a way to avoid this ( without closing out of the word document)?

Code:
The MIME type of the uploaded file (application/octet-stream) was not accepted by the server. Please verify that you are uploading a file of the appropriate type

What are you doing, cffile action=upload? Can you post the whole tag? And what do you mean by saying the file is still open? You are viewing the word doc while simultaneously trying to upload it to a cfm form? If so, I suspect that won't work because the file will be locked while you have it open.

That is the case, trying to upload while simultaniously viewing it. I could swear that I have done this in other programs, like when you attach a file to an email.

Is there a way to catch this with javascript protection or something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back