Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CF9 Time offset from server time

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkMan

Programmer
Apr 13, 1998
US
all my time functions on CF9 are 10 hours off what the server is set to ever since we updated a few weeks ago.

I've been pulling my hair on how to fix the offset. I'm sure it's something simple that I'm overlooking. :-(

Does anyone here know how to fix the offset so CF reports the same time as the actual server?

DarkMan

Thanks for replying!

Its outputting America/New_York

DarkMan

sorry, something told me I should have said mentioned that.

The server is also Eastern Time, (US & Canada). The time zones are set the same... I also think somehow that's the problem. Eastern time is GMT -5. It's like CF is looking at the server like it's GMT and taking another 5 hours off that but it does lag the server 10 hours.

Thanks again... :)

DarkMan

If the time zone settings are the same, (and the date/time is accurate) I am not sure why your results are 10 hours off.

When you say "all my time functions" do you mean CF functions or home-spun code? Can you provide some sample code and results?

----------------------------------

By time functionality, I was talking about built-in functions like now(), etc. Also, scheduled tasks were running at the wrong times.

For whatever reason over the weekend, the server reset to the correct time (I had set it back 10 hours so at least CF functions were reporting the correct time) and ColdFusion is now reporting the correct time as well. The server is set to synch to a time server, so I'm sure that's why the server time reset, but CF did as well. I have no idea why, but I'll take it. ;-)

So, all seems well at the moment. Thanks for replying to my question and working with me. I'll post back if it goes awry again.

DarkMan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back