Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CF5 applets and Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

xsw1971

Programmer
Jun 21, 2001
US
Our intranet site was built (using CF5) to meet IE specifications as that was company standard. We have some pages that use cfgrid and everything works fine in IE.

We were recently purchased by a company whose standards are anything but Microsoft, so I am working on making the site Firefox/Netscape compatible. Most things work OK, except the grids. When I try to view the page I am getting an error that says "additional plugins are required to display all the media on this page." When I click on "Install Missing Plugins" it comes back saying "No suitable plugins were found." I am using Firefox 1.0.6 and I have java plugin 1.3.0_01 and 1.5.0_04-b05 installed.

We have also installed MX7 as a trial and when I view the same page on the MX7 server using Firefox, the grid displays just fine.

What is it about CF5 and Firefox? I know that lots of people say don't use grids, but I don't have time right now to completely re-write these pages.

Thanks!

Has no one else experienced this?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back