Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CF Image Editing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chloeee

Programmer
Jan 16, 2001
US
Does anyone know of any kind of CF image editor app or custom tag that can be integrated into a site? I am looking for something similar to what is found at
Most specifically, I need for the client to be able to upload, resize and optimize their jpgs (and GIFs) for use in their site content. If I need to write it myself, I might be able to. I currently have CFX_GIFGD installed on the server and it works great. However, I am baffled about the optimization.

Any guidance would be awesome. TIA!

I don't know the answer to your question, unfortunately, but I have one for you. I just downloaded CFX_GIFGD, and I have a couple of questions about it. I converted a .jpg to a .gif and it added a line across the top. I then ran the converted image through the "ROTATE" function, and now it has a line across the top and one down the side. Am I doing something wrong? How do I eliminate these lines?

Thanks a lot! Calista :-X
Jedi Knight,
Champion of the Force

Well, I'm not sure what's causing that, but I can only imagine that the algorithims that manipulate the images either have some bug or need some fine tuning. I say this because I used the tag to resize some jpgs and they didn't look so hot.

I think the practical uses of the tag are limited to outputting the image info and the graphs that it draws. Btw, there are other tags specifically for graphing that probably do a better job.

From all my research, CFX_GIFGD is supposed to be the most well-known, widely recognized tag for image manipulation, but I haven't been terribly impressed with it.

Hi!

I just read in your threads, that there is a custom tag to convert jpg's in gifs.

Would you be so kind, to tell me, where I can download it?

thx!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back