Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CF Application Service Filling up hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

topry

Programmer
Aug 18, 2001
US
We have been using CF Server 4.0 on NT4 (SP6a) for over 1 year. Processed a mailing today and the service sent the CPU usage to 100%, and boot partition hard drive was filled by a TMP file created by the service.

If I stop the service, CPU usage returns to normal and I can delete the file. Upon starting the ColdFusion Application Server service, CPU usage immediately goes to 100% and a new TMP file is created in the System32 folder.

The file names are incremented each time in the format of TSTxxx.TMP, where the XXX is a number incremented by one each time.

It as though the mailing process had an endless loop and CF keeps trying to execute it, when the service is restarted.
All searches of the Allaire web KB, this forum, Dejanews, etc have found nothing.

Does anyone have any information on this?

By all means set Mail Logging on "Information" and turn on debugging (all done in CF Administrator). Under debugging, check everything! Especially enable performance monitoring, show processing time and show query information. John Hoarty
jhoarty@quickestore.com

A post to my query in the CF Forum on the Allaire site found the issue.

Apparently, zero byte files in the mail spool folder can cause this problem. I had several such files and deleting them resolved the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back