Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Certification practice exams /Study guides

Status
Not open for further replies.

lobo66

IS-IT--Management
Nov 12, 2002
US
Could anyone recommend a good practice package? I know there are a lot out there Testking etc; I was just looking for something solid.

Thanks…

Lobo66

Testkings are "cheating" - they tend to be EXACT copies of test questions but have lots of misspellings and wrong info by the way the information is gathered.

And Cisco is well aware of them ..... :)

If you want a "paper" cert then get them but don't be surprised if you get blown away by a technical interview when you say you are Cisco certified but only learned the questions :-(

The practice tests in the Sybex CCNA Study Guide by Todd Lammel are not bad, same for most any of the legit providers of Cisco study material, check the CDs offered with most books, most include testing software.

Transcender has been one of the top practice exam software providers for the past 12-15 years, they are not cheap but are very good, with that said ------------------------->

Testing software should only be used to see where you are in your study, what areas to spend more time on and not to learn questions and answers!

Hope this helps !!!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

Lobo66,

As for "good practice package" - I assume you are looking to take the CCNA, get 2 good books, one from Cisco Press and the other the Sybex CCNA Study Guide by Todd Lammel, latest copy just came out in the end of April, $30 at Amazon.

You also need tons of hands on practice, best is a lab with 3 Cisco routers and 2 switches, but you can also look into a good sim or some of the free emulators; you can "Google" and learn about!

Good luck and stay away from TestKings !!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

I agree with the above comments, but would like to add that I used Boson's testing software, and I found it to be quite good. The key is to really, really, really know the material and how networks work.

Iolair MacWalter
Network Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back