Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Certificate for Workplace on IPO Preferred Edition 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldSchool70

Technical User
Feb 25, 2015
US
I am a certificate novice. Does anyone know of a good document that explains the process to generate a 3rd Party Certificate that can be used for a Workplace Deployment on IPO Preferred Edition on Rls. 11.1?

Would that qualify as a 3rd-party certificate though derfloh, or just an Avaya certificate for "a different machine" (namely the SBC)?

I'm having a similar scenario where the client is ADAMANT about using a Public Certificate (GoDaddy) for a wider Trust Domain throughout their organization. They generated GoDaddy Identity Certificates for the servers using only DNS entries in the Subject Alternative Name, and since installing it, all the J1xxseries phones have gone down. Additionally, the servers are no longer communicating with the WebLM server. I have installed their GoDaddy CA in the TCS & Primary folders of the server and created a 46xxspecials.txt file to instruct the phones to pull the new CA. I have verified via Monitor and the phone browser that the phones are retrieving the 46xxsettings.txt, the 46xxspecials.txt & the GoDaddy CA, but still they only come up to "Acquiring Service".

I have opened a ticket with Avaya only to be told that I have not configured the server correctly and they could assist me for a fee, notwithstanding the fact that everything was working perfectly before the client changed the Identity Certificate(not to mention my 20 years experience in installing IPO).

Has anyone had experience with installing a 3rd-party Public Certificate CA on the Server Edition (R11-1-2-1) and, if so, which ones have you used?

Apologies for the long-winded query but I'd be very appreciative for any advice forthcoming.

Very best regards,

Mike

Thanks derfloh. It has the SIP domain and the server FQDN as DNS entries in the SAN but not the SIP domain as an URI entry. Which Public CA did you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back