Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Certain users emails are a day late

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgsresearch

Technical User
Jan 16, 2001
US
Has anyone ever had this problem. I have users that are occassioally getting an email a day later than it was sent. This has only happened on a limited basis, but when it happens between the President and Vice President of the company, there is a need to correct this.

Actually I'm having the same problem. I can tell you what the problem is for me, and I'm trying to find a way to fix it right now.

We have 2 mail servers. say MAIL1 and MAIL2. The president is on MAIL2 and somebody from MAIL1 sends him a message. Our problem happens when something gets stuck in MAIL1's queue so their message to him/her is delayed until the stuck item decides to get processed, letting everything in the queue behind is go through.

Can you describe how your Exchange Site is setup? (How many servers, etc...). My first thought is an MTA issue between servers. What Service Pack are you at? NT server?

There is only one email server (plus a Blackberry server, but that should not matter.)

What service pack are you running? Have you tried updating to SP4. This may not solve your problem but could be a first step.

NT 4.0 is SP6 and Exchange 5.5 is SP4. If it ain't broken, play with it till it breaks.

Sorry, meant to say that latest should be NT 4.0 is SP6A and Exhange 5.5 is SP4. If it ain't broken, play with it till it breaks.

Gee, moram, thanks for the late breaking news. I am running NT 4.0 SP6 and Exchange 5.5 SP4. I will look to see if anything in 6A will make a difference. Any comments from this forum are still welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back