Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Centre object on the page

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimoj

Technical User
Apr 7, 2002
NZ
How the heck do you centre an object on the page in Pagemaker. I am used to cut and paste to do this in Photoshop but this doesnt apply in PM. Please help!!!! (Im sure its very simple and obvious!)

Well, it's not obvious, but it is pretty simple ...

1) Select the element with the Arrow Tool

2) If it's not already visible, go to the Window>Show Control Palette menu command to open the Control Palette

3) Take note of the page dimension, then halve it -- e.g. 8.5" for a letter/legal page in portrait orientation = 4.25"

4) Click on the center dot in the nine-dot proxy at the left side of the Control Palette

5) enter the center measurement (4.25" in our example above) into the "X" edit box on the Control Palette, then hit the enter key

This should mathematically center your element on the page. You may determine that some adjustment is necessary to make a lopsided element seem optically correct.

Good luck,

Randy Hagan-htech
P.O. Box 15055
Portland, ME 04112-5055

phone: 207-332-5822

email: help@RandyHagan.com

I would just create a box that follows the outline of the page. Then select both the box and the item that you want centered. Then go to Elements Align and choose center for both vertical and horizontal.

- Adobe Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back