Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Centralized SMGR WebLM with Multiple CM 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bankingguy

IS-IT--Management
Nov 26, 2017
SG
I have 2 CMs and 1 SMGR. is this possible to do? Any documents i can refer to?
Aura 8

Not sure how unless the cm's were different versions. If they are the same version, not sure how the 1st CM to contact SMGR wouldn't grab all of the entitlements. We had a pair of AAC 8 servers and had to have 2 SMGR's for the same reason.

-CL

This is what centralized licensing ID is for. You will need this license FEAT_WLM_CENTRALIZED in PLDS for each CM. Its not 1 pool of licenses. Each CM will have its own license file. The MAC address for each will be the same (SMGR weblm) but will contain a 5 digit number after. Like this XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-00001. The next CM will be XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-00002. When CM wants to get its license it will only grab what is in its license file. After you load FEAT_WLM_CENTRALIZED you will notice a new section in weblm called Configure Centralized Licensing. This is where you will assign 00001 to the IP's of your first CM, and 00002 to the IP's of the 2nd CM. Both CM and CMS can be configured like this. I have it setup in both lab and production. Works perfectly.

Like the phoneguy55 said the centralized licencing is the way only issue with it is if you have more than one of any other products that doesn't support that type of licencing like AAM for example. We used it for a bit then when implemented 3 AAM's had to add a couple of WebLM's

For AAM, I'm using pooled licenses. I have 1 SMGR with weblm and 1 AAM license file. But I have multiple AAM clusters. They just take what they need from the pool and all use the same license file. Same goes for AES.

I already got the license and i can see the IP address of my CM on the license itself. How can i point my CM A and CM B to my centralized WebLM? Can i use the weblmurl xx.xx.xx.xx command? Because one of my CM is throwing me this:

CommunicaMgr License Mode: License Error
System Administration Will Be Blocked in Approximately 1 hour.
Contact Your Service Representative Immediately.
Feature Usage Exceeds Limits
Unable to contact WebLM Server at the specified URL.
checking application CommunicaMgr version R018x.01.0.890.0
WebLM server used for License:

On the web interface of the active CM, select Administration > Licensing > WebLM /configuration. The WebLM address is set there and then a file sync should get that info to the standby CM or you may be able to set it on the standby the same way.

There is no other option to define settings in License Page of Communication Manager. Just IP Settings nothing more. Its trying to pickup the same license as the first CM pointed to it.

Both CM A and B will point to the IP address of weblm. Your single license file should have the "host ID-00001" where 00001 is your centralized ID. Centralized ID is just a made up number you assign. You configure that in PLDS. You must have "FEAT_WLM_CENTRALIZED" in your CM license file. Now Configure Centralized Licensing in weblm and click new, enter your IP address of A and give it name. Pick your license file. Click save. Click New again and do the same for the B server. You now have 2 CM servers pointing to the same license file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back