Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Centralized Data Managment Aloha

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexander00pr

IS-IT--Management
Aug 24, 2007
PR
I would like to change menu,price,submenu,event in a centralized managed location like our central office were we had our Data Center servers. Also I would like to had the data for backup purpose. My question is if there is a software that does exactly that? I know that enterprise does exactly that but i dont like the idea of hosting my finacial data in a secondary server that i dont own. I want to know if Aloha CDM can resolve this issues? And price?

CDM would take care of those things for you, yes. I'm also under the impression that you don't need to use Enterprise for CDM; it just makes pushing out changes much easier (otherwise, you need to pcA/ftp/something the changes manually into each location.)

Price-wise, at the bare minimum, you'll need another license for Aloha, and a computer to run it on (hopefully a dedicated pseudo-back of house server, but I suppose you could get away with it on a shared machine. I'd be paranoid, though.) Version-wise, the CDM machine has to be greater than or equal to the highest version you have in the field. And I'm not quite sure, but I don't think you can just throw the switch on CDM; you may have to visit Radiant for their CDM training classes.

I'm working on my CDM database now, alongside my vendor. Trying to find time to finish it is rough, but I'm hoping it makes my life easier within the next month or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back