Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Centralized application launcher for end users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hello everybody,

Sharepoint actually is a great solution to search and manage document informations across an enterprise. It offers -at the lowest price of the market- great CRM functionalities such as workflow (that can be enhanced using MS-Visio), metadata search, version history, ...

But in order to justify the name Sharepoint PORTAL server I found a missing functionality:
Every serious portal solution (Plumtree, Mediapps, Hummingbird) offers a centralized area for end users to launch applications (on the client side). Based on SSO (Single Sign On), these solutions only display links to the applications the user is allowed.

This functionalty isn't handled by sharepoint -in the out of the box software.
My question is: is it possible to construct a Web Part that enables this functionality for Sharepoint? Is there a way to use the DDSC component to launch an application on the client computer? Is there another way to do that?

I wish you a great day and am waiting for your response ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back