Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Central admin pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirjon

Instructor
Jun 6, 2002
TH
Dear all,

I have inherited a bit of a mess.
I need to find the central admin pages for Sharepoint to alter the virtual server settings.
The link has gone somewhere.

Could anyone tell me the page name url please?

Cheers,
J

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A community development project in asp.net -

Go on the server where Sharepoint is installed, there should be a "Sharepoint Central Administration" icon in "Administrative Tools".

Thanks mmaz,

Sorry for posting this in the wrong forum too..

There is an icon but the link does not work.
Sharepoint central admin is on port 13870 and the link is to
??

Cheers,

J

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A community development project in asp.net -

Look in the sharepoint configuration database. Its name is probably wss_config. In the table Servers, there's a field Properties, and the value is in xml. Look for adminport. If it's not 13870, go back on the server where Sharepoint is installed, and go to
If it's still not working, you can edit the Virtual Server Properties manually. It's in the wss_config database, in table VirtualServers, field "Properties".

Hth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back