Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Centillion configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

atoorman

Technical User
Jun 27, 2002
NL
Hello, I am looking for the application that is necessary to configure Centillion 100 type switches. For what I read in the manuals I have the feeling that this app is more suitable for config than the CLI and even offers more config possibilities. Any idea where I can find this ? Nortel web site mentions that it is only available to persons having a support contract - which I do not have since the switch is a cheap refurbished model.

Thanks

Use Speedview, but be careful to use the version that is the same as the code you are running to do configs, otherwise your config will get screwed. Any(-ish) version is OK if all you want to do is move files (operating code or config) around.

I'm new to this so any help I can get is very appreciated. Any guidance available for someone attempting this config thing? Mentioned is version numbers, etc. I saw "patches" on the Nortel site - are these the "numbers" referenced? I managed a download of Speedview from Nortel, version 4.3 and 5.1-something. If I'm using it to configure, what is it, exactly, that I'll be trying to "match" to prevent blowing it all into the weeds. I have no config file so I'm a "babe in the woods" at this point.

TIA!!

Rich

Could i possibly get a copy of you version 5.1 something. I also purchased the C100 switches and have vers 4.1.2. I could not configure the switches because the software is not up to date.

Thanks

Vinco - one of the links/threads pointed me to the ftp site where I found several versions of the software. You can try ftp://ftp.baynetworks.com and search the directories. I just tried the nortel ftp and got kicked off. It WAS available so I'd try reading thru some of the other threads. Besides, I don't know how to email it to you. You can email me, msi4mfr@cybernetisp.net and I'll try to reply with it attached.

OK, now that we got the software needed to look at these Centillion 100 switches. I need to know how to configure the ATM ports to connect 2 switches together in one big subnet. Any thoughts/problems?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back