Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Centering webpage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 13, 2008
I built a website using MS pub & made the pages so they will fit smaller monitors without users having to scroll across the screen to read the screen.

The pages are to the left of the screen at the moment
& I want to center them so they're look better but I can't find any way to do it.

I'm using MS pub 07.

Thanks
Kim

I think left-justified is what you get in Publisher. I know that seems ridiculous, but this is not a web design product. You are using a software designed for printed output, and geared for beginner computer users as well.

You might be able to open a file in Notepad and edit the HTML, but it looks to me that Publisher writes a mountain of mess, making editing it a daunting task. The entire Web page part should be removed from this software package in my opinion.

Your site is interesting and worth-while. Do yourself a favor and get a real HTML editor. Save Publisher for simple flyers, brochures and such. If you will check into some HTML or Web design fora, folks can recommend low-cost or even free HTML editors. It is really fun!

--Lilliabeth

Thank you can you recommend any decent website builders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back