Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Centering line in text 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky1954

Technical User
Mar 6, 2005
CA
Hi, I'm still fairly new to Illustrator 10, and would like to know how to proceed to make a line in the center of text. Doing it with 'I' is easy, but when it comes to 'S' or a slanted 'O' it is a different story. Doing this manually is time consuming and not very accurate in curves. I am using a hollow font and would like a black thin line in the center to add a different color in each half. Hope I am explaining this right. Thank you for the help you provide, Rick

Just a little update. Sorry for not posting earlier.

I've tried to make a square blur with photoshop but it was much more complicated than I expected. I got some interesting results, but didn't go all the way to apply it to the problem of splitting the letters. This is getting too complicated, and too photoshop oriented for an Illustrator forum !

I might get back on this later if someone is interested but I have other projects for now...

Eye candy has a filter called Bevel Boss. It can create a bevel dead center to split any letter.
The default style with photoshop doesn't do as well

Type your letters, use the filter, then trace and fill the divisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back