Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Centering a web page inside the browser window? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

meatdrink9

Technical User
May 26, 2006
US
Ok I'm new to Golive (and building sites in general) on the whole I love it, but there are a couple of things I'd like to do to my site that seem to be working me over. I'm more of a graphics guy just learning the back end aspect of the web.

I'd like to center my webpage (roughly 800x600) in a larger browser window. I'd like the page to remain centered as the window is scaled. I'd like the page to be centered both vertical and horizontally. I'm sure this is a pretty standard action, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do it.

Much thanks in advance for anyone who can help this newbie out. I'll be sure to post a link to the site once it's done. :D

Rather a late reply and you may have cracked it by now.
Simple way is to position your page centre vertically and horizontally inside a 1 cell table. Set the table size to 100% wide and 100% high. The table will resize with the window and the page will move into the centre.

If your not using a strict doctype a simple way is to wrap your page content in < center> tags.

How do you, "Set the table size to 100% wide and 100% high?

Sorry - late in replying.
In the Table Inspector palette set the 'width' box and the 'height' box both to 'percent' rather than pixels or auto. Type 100 in each box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back