Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Centering a layer

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecynicality

Technical User
Dec 29, 2004
US
Is there a way i can center a layer on the page, so that it doesn't automatically align on the right margin?

Well, i have absolutely no idea how to use css :) it won't let me insert anything, at all. All i need to put in are two items, the flash doc, and an image. Is there a way i can do it in html, or can you lead me in the right direction with css? Thanks.

There are a number of beginners tutorials around:

Come back when you have a specific question

So do i have to build the page entirely from the style sheet, theres no design view?

I can't preview in a browser or anything, how am i supposed to see what it looks like?

AHA i figured out a way to do it in html i don't need your stoopid css meh :)

CSS: I can center a background in a layer, in IE, but I have problems in Mozilla..it does not accept center, goes all up and to the left...
any clues?? wy this occurs??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back