Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cells changing distance and missing Rollover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kjonnnn

IS-IT--Management
Jul 14, 2000
US
Maybe someone can assist with two issues I am having in Dreamweaver MX.

Please look at my church's website I created. PraiseTempleChurch.org

1. Why does the mouseover image for the "HOME" rollover not show. It works when I preview it. I checked to make sure the mouseover image got published to the remote server. Its there. I checked the specs of the mouseover image and it has same specs and dimensions as the first image. But on the internet, the mouseover image doesn't show. Anyone have any ideas?

2. The second issues deals with cell spacing. If you look down the side for first page, you see the spacing of the rollovers. Then when you go further down, under "EMAIL" the spacing is wider. They should be the same distance apart as the ones above. This extra spacing doesn't show up when I preview the site, it only shows this way on the net. On some, but not all of the other pages, this happens also in different places. Each rollover is in its own cell. The text in the middle of the page is in its on cell. The cell dimensions are not percentage but static numbers. But for some reason, only on SOME pages, if I place a cell in the middle for text, the rollevers on the side change their dimensions. Any ideas on this one? Thanks much.

I am actually running into the same problem and there a few things I do to fix it but they do not work all the time. If you draw a cell in DW layout mode, where you can hand draw cells and tables, you cannot enter text or pictures that are larger than you drew the cell to be. It will try to adjust but I find that it messes up quite a bit. If what you put in there is larger than the box you created, undo that, make the cell big enough, and then continue. However any additional assistance from anyone else would help as this is only a partial solutions. Sometims I get weird spacings for no apparent reason yet when I look at it in dreamweaver it looks OK.

What I ended up doing was nesting the tables. If you go to my church's site, (praisetemplechurch.org), the top banner, rollovers at the tops, and the links on the side are in one table. The body pics and text are nested in a seconded table. Thats only way that the cells hat have the top roll overs and the side links wouldn't move and change size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back