Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cell padding not showing

Status
Not open for further replies.

plantfinder

Technical User
Sep 27, 2002
US
I am using dreamweaver mx and have a table called "tips" at the bottom of the page. I have the cell padding set to 6 which shows in dreamweaver, but not in previews or live. I realize I have the outermost table set to "0" but even if I change this back to the default - "2", it still does not work. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

where is your code, to see how it looks in various browsers.

Javier

When I use the "save as" function of IE to save the page to my local system, the problem disappears.
I haven't quite figured it out yet - you have several problems where you are reusing ids - this probably has nothing to do with the issue at hand.
Code:
id="Jazz Guitars
You can't have a space in an id, and you can't reuse ids.

Greg
"Personally, I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught." - Winston Churchill

Thanks Greg,

I'll look into the spacing there now.
As you said, I don't think that is the issue with the padding but hopefully there will be an answer to that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back