Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Celeron M socket 478/479 How do I tell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chylok

Technical User
Mar 28, 2004
GB
Hello,

I've got a NANO-7270 board which only takes Socket 479 Pentium M/Celeron M FSB 400. I'm using Celeron M processor 370+ FSB 400 but the unit is not booting, I've replaced the processor with another Celeron M socket 479.Still the same problem, the memory is ok, I've tested that. I need to confirm that the processors are actually socket 479, and not 478 as Celeron M's of the same specification. The part no on the processor is RH80536. Is there any way to tell wether I have socket 478 or 479?

All Celeron M/Pentium Ms are socket 479..

that cpu would not fit into a socket 478 or vice versa...

Start off with clearing the CMOS, after correctly installing the processor, as some mobo's do not like to be awakened without having them reset first...

also check to see if the Clear CMOS switch/jumper (located above the only SOCETED chip (BIOS) onboard) is set correctly...

then also you must have a Heat Sink Fan installed and operating correctly, as some mobos do not POST if said HS-FAN is not attached/or functioning...

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

Cheers BBB, will give it a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back